Brad Harrigan focuses on intellectual property and insurance defense. As part of his intellectual property practice, Mr. Harrigan has managed trademark portfolios for Fortune 500 companies, small businesses, and individuals consisting of hundreds of domestic and international trademark applications and registrations.
Mr. Harrigan has significant experience representing clients in trademark prosecution matters such as USPTO Office Actions, TTAB proceedings, and ICANN UDRP arbitrations. Mr. Harrigan has also represented clients in IP litigation matters throughout the country, including state and federal disputes concerning trademark, copyright, trade secret, and unfair competition issues. His defense work includes a broad range of experience in property and commercial insurance disputes with a strong emphasis on mass disaster defense. He has successfully tried numerous high-value cases to juries in both state and federal courts.
Mr. Harrigan received his B.A. from the University of Florida and his J.D. from Boston University School of Law, where he graduated with a concentration in litigation, with honors. He is admitted to practice in state and federal courts in Louisiana, Illinois, and Texas.
J.D., Boston University School of Law, 2000
Concentration in Litigation, with honors
B.A., University of Florida, 1997
Major in Criminal Justice and minor in Classical Studies
U.S. Court of Appeal for the Fifth Circuit
U.S. Court of Appeal for the Seventh Circuit
U.S. Court of Appeal for the Federal Circuit
New Orleans Bar Association
Louisiana State Bar Association
International Game Developers Association
IGDA, Intellectual Property Rights Committee
Lawyers for the Creative Arts
- “Fighting to Register ‘Let’s Roll,’” 57 INTA Bulletin 9 (2002)
- “Reservations About REDSKINS Team’s Name,” 57 INTA Bulletin 4 (2002)
- “Oh, to Be Rich and Famous... and a Trademark,” 58 INTA Bulletin 19 (2003)
- “Teens Adopt the Playboy Bunny (Trademark),” 58 INTA Bulletin 14 (2003)
- “Intellectual Property Rights and the Video Game Industry,” IGDA White Paper, contributing author (2003)
- “Flood of Litigation: The Water Damage Exclusion,” The Ins. Coverage Law Bulletin (Dec. 2006)
- “Intellectual Property Coverage Under CGL Policies,” The Ins. Coverage Law Bulletin (Apr. 2012)
- “Understanding Trademark Rights,” published on blog (Dec. 2015)
Named to “Louisiana Rising Stars” for Intellectual Property Law by Super Lawyers, Thomson Reuters, 2013-2015
No more than 2.5 percent of Louisiana attorneys are selected by Super Lawyers for this distinction each year.
Named to “Louisiana Super Lawyers” for Intellectual Property Law by Super Lawyers, Thomson Reuters, 2016-2017, 2017-2018, 2018-2019, 2019-2020.
No more than 5 percent of Louisiana attorneys are selected by Super Lawyers for this distinction each year.
Named to “Top Lawyers” for Intellectual Property Law by New Orleans Magazine, 2016
Attorneys are chosen for inclusion to “Top Lawyers” based on peer voting, which is open to all licensed attorneys in the New Orleans area.